Why Hire Us? At Wittmer | Linehan, every client is important to us. That is why we strive to provide you with personalized attention from your first visit to our offices, through the resolution of your case. Our attorneys will even take your case to trial if necessary and appropriate to maximize your recovery.
Our past results. Take a look and see why we’re Sarasota County’s most successful personal injury lawyers.
Our ongoing relationships. We are committed to remaining connected with our clients even after their cases are resolved. The primary way we do this is through the Sarasota Litigator Journal, our quarterly newsletter.
Our pricing. We work on 100% contingency. What does this mean? It means we advance any costs to move your case through to trial. There is no charge until (or unless) you’ve been paid.
Our return. In our area of Florida, if you are badly injured and have $300,000 of medical bills, but your insurance only covers $50,000, most lawyers will tell you they can only recover $50,000. We can make you a bigger promise. How? Because we understand Florida’s ‘bad faith’ law, and we’ve used it to recover more money than our clients’ insurance maximums.
Our firm. We are a small firm with two attorneys and a small support staff. You will be able to get to know your attorney as well as the staff members that will be handling your case from start to finish. This small firm atmosphere allows us to provide you with the personalized attention that your injury case deserves.
Our location. Our office is located in the heart of downtown Sarasota. But that is not all, our attorneys and staff are all local Sarasota and Manatee residents. We are all involved in and invested in our local community.
During your first visit to Wittmer | Linehan, our staff will welcome you and provide you with our new client packet. This includes several forms that will help us understand your situation. Our attorneys will then sit down with you and review our client rights and contingency fees and ask some specific questions in relation to your accident or injury. You are probably going to have a lot of questions for us, too, and we will take our time to answer them so that you leave feeling confident about our service and clear about the next steps.
- Keep your situation private. You should not discuss your case with anyone except your attorney or treating doctors. Do not even talk to your own insurance company unless you are first advised to do so by your attorney.
- Visit your doctor. In any type of personal injury claim, return to your doctors as often as necessary and tell them about each of your complaints no matter how minor they seem to you. Do not minimize your problems or pain to your doctors.
- Collect your records. Begin to collect documentation related to your injury, including the accident or injury report forms, hospital, doctor, and other medical bills; prescription and medication receipts; incidental travel receipts; lost time from work, lost wages and proof of lost income; and your physical complaints and progress.
- Collect evidence. Collect any evidence pertaining to your case and provide it to your attorney including crutches, a cast or any photographs which pertain to your case. If you are to be admitted to a hospital or if you are receiving any type of treatment such as traction or any kind of physical therapy, please notify your attorney so they can determine if you should be photographed in the activity.
- Hospital and doctor bills. It is important to provide your medical providers with your insurance information for both your auto insurance as well as your health insurance. It is best to have your insurance companies pay as many of your medical bills as possible to ensure your medical care is not interrupted. We recognize that in view of your injuries and limited working ability, you may not be able to afford to pay the balances on these bills. Therefore, please bring any such bills and outstanding balances to our attention so we can try to assist you in making appropriate arrangements. PLEASE NOTE: ATTORNEYS ARE ETHICALLY PROHIBITED FROM MAKING PERSONAL LOANS TO CLIENTS. As much as we might like to help you financially while your case is pending – we cannot.
Get a free case evaluation.
Wittmer | Linehan Offers:
Personal Injury, Wrongful death, Auto Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Bicycle Accidents, Truck Accidents, Slip and Fall, Workers’ Compensation, Trust and Estate Litigation, Insurance Disputes, Bad Faith and Social Security Disability. We serve the following Counties:
Sarasota County, Florida
Sarasota, North Port, Venice, Englewood, Nokomis, Osprey, Siesta Key, South Venice, Longboat Key and Casey Key
Manatee County, Florida
Anna Maria, Bradenton, Bradenton Beach, Holmes Beach, Palmetto, Longboat Key, Lakewood Ranch, Ellenton, Oneco, Parrish, Bayshore Gardens , Myakka City and Arcadia
Charlotte County, Florida
Punta Gorda, Boca Grande, Cape Haze, Adrian Town, Charlotte Harbor, Charlotte Park, Cleveland, Deep Creek, Englewood, Grove City, Harbour Heights, Murdock, Placida, Port Charlotte, Rotonda and Solana