Sarasota pedestrian accident lawyers you can trust
Pedestrian accidents stand out from other traffic accidents for a number of reasons:
- A human body is no match for a car, truck or motorcycle in motion. The person struck has no vehicle body surrounding him or her and no protective devices such as seat belts. A pedestrian with a helmet is a rarity. Head injuries and other serious injuries are common.
- Sometimes, pedestrian accidents are truly accidents. This can be the case when motorists could not see the person or tried unsuccessfully to avoid striking him or her. In other cases, a pedestrian accident is clearly the result of gross negligence by a driver.
- Hit-and-run pedestrian accidents are common. Even if the vehicle or driver is never identified, there may be other available sources of compensation, such as the pedestrian’s own uninsured motorist coverage (or that of a close family member living in the same residence).
- Every accident is unique. Variables such as crosswalks, crossing signals and the injured pedestrian’s age may have an impact on a pedestrian accident case.
Determining what happened, how it happened and how the struck pedestrian (or family members after a fatality) can pursue a claim or lawsuit are typical aspects of a pedestrian accident case. At the law firm of Steven T. Wittmer PLLC, we approach each accident case with an open mind. We diligently apply our knowledge and experience to each set of facts, in light of relevant laws, for the sake of helping the injured person recover compensation.
No pedestrian accident case is too large, small, or complicated
Did you know that our area of Florida has some of the nation’s worst statistics pertaining to pedestrian accidents? Do you hope to make a statement about the hazards at the location where your pedestrian accident happened? Our pedestrian accident lawyers will gladly collaborate with you in that effort. First, we will hold negligent parties responsible to compensate you. We can also advise you on how to bring complaints forward.
With your injuries, you may be in a powerful position to illustrate to authorities what can happen when an intersection is dangerous or when traffic flow was not properly regulated. Maybe changes should be made in the area where you or your loved one was injured while on foot in our city or elsewhere. For now, however, we consider it our job to help you get the resources you need to cover:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Lost wage replacement
- Pain and suffering
This Should Not Have Happened To You!
We are local Sarasota lawyers, strongly committed to making our community a better place. We want our city to be safer, and we want those injured in a pedestrian accident to be fairly compensated. With 50 years of combined experience, 15 of which have been spent working together, our pedestrian accident attorneys are ready to fight for your right to compensation for your losses. Even if your case presents difficulties, we are prepared to persevere for the sake of your recovery.
We are always willing to evaluate potential pedestrian accident cases and give preliminary advice in a free initial consultation. We can travel to your home or hospital if you are unable to come to our law offices. Once you decide to work with our firm and have an attorney assigned to your case, you can count on clear communication with him. The rest of our firm is also here to help you. We operate as a team in support of our clients’ successful case outcomes.
Allow Us To Impress You – And Get Results
We are confident that we can impress you by how hard we work on your case. We also intend to impress you with the results we achieve for you. Most of all, we want to impress you by the strength of our compassion. We feel sure that you will see for yourself how determinedly we translate caring into action through our law practice.
It is our job to lighten your load as you do the hard work of recovering from your injuries or the loss of a loved one to wrongful death. You can play your part, too, first by contacting our attorneys as soon after a pedestrian accident as you can. To discuss your pedestrian accident with members of our talented team, call 941.365.2296 or send an email inquiry through this website.