STEVEN T. WITTMER
Mr. Wittmer is a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer. Currently, less than one percent of Florida lawyers receive Board Certification. Mr. Wittmer represents individuals in the following areas of practice: personal injury, wrongful death, disputes involving insurance companies, and disputes involving inheritance rights under any Last Will & Testament or Trust Agreement.
Mr. Wittmer is a native Floridian having been born and raised in Miami, Florida. Prior to relocating to Sarasota, Mr. Wittmer practiced law in Miami for nine years. Seeking a better environment to raise their three daughters, Mr. Wittmer and his wife, Meg Wittmer, also an attorney, relocated to Sarasota, Florida. At one time, Mr. Wittmer was a managing partner of a Firm with offices in Miami, Sarasota and St. Petersburg, Florida. At present, Mr. Wittmer is a partner with Wittmer | Linehan, PLLC. Mr. Wittmerpractices in all State Courts throughout Florida as well as the Southern and Middle District Federal Courts in Florida.
- D., 1988, Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University
- BBA, 1984, Southern Methodist University
Bar Admissions/Court Admissions
- 1988 Georgia
- 1989 Florida
- 1991 U.S. Dist. Ct. (S. Dist. FL)
- 1991 U.S. Dist. Ct. (M. Dist. FL)
- 2002 – 2022 Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer
- 2007-Present, Partner, Wittmer | Linehan, PLLC
- 1998-2007, Sole Practitioner, Steven T. Wittmer, P.A.
- 1995-1998, Managing Partner, Wittmer, Carver & Pope
- 1990-1995, Managing Partner, McCormick, Wittmer & McCormick
- 1988-1990, Palmer, McClaskey & Farr
Professional Associations (Past & Present)
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates, Million Dollar Advocates, Dade County Bar Association, Sarasota County Bar Association, The Florida Bar, The Georgia Bar, The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, American Trial Lawyers Association, The Judge Jon M. Scheb American Inns of Court, Attorneys Title Insurance Fund, Trust & Estate Litigation Committee for the Sarasota County Bar Association, Manasota Trial Lawyers Board, Florida Justice Association, Better Business Bureau, and Sarasota County Chamber of Commerce.
Mr. Wittmer currently serves as a Board of Director for The Cash Foundation and Gator Creek Golf Club. He is a member of The Field Club and Incarnation Catholic Church.
- 2017 Largest Personal Injury Verdict – Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, & Desoto Counties: $19,233,037
- 2009 Largest Personal Injury Judgment – Sarasota, Manatee, & Desoto Counties: $9,000,000