GREGORY P. LINEHAN
Mr. Linehan is a longtime Sarasota resident having lived here for over 48 years. After completing his studies at the University of Florida, he then attended law school in Miami. He worked in Miami for a brief period of time following law school before relocating back to Sarasota in 1997.
Upon his return to Sarasota, Mr. Linehan joined a firm where his primary focus was worker’s compensation law. Mr. Linehan was active in advocating for the rights of injured people in the State of Florida. In addition to the practice of worker’s compensation law, Mr. Linehan practiced Social Security Disability law and personal injury. In 2003, Mr. Linehan joined the firm of Steven T. Wittmer, P.A. to expand the firm’s areas of practice and to focus on personal injury law. In 2007, Mr. Linehan became a partner of Wittmer | Linehan, PLLC. Mr. Linehan practices in all State and Federal Courts throughout Florida.
- D., 1996, St. Thomas University School of Law
- A., 1990, University of Florida
Bar Admissions/Court Admissions
- 1996, Florida
- 1997, U.S. Dist. Ct. (M. Dist FL)
- 2007 – Present, Partner, Wittmer | Linehan, PLLC
- 2003- 2007, Associate, Steven T. Wittmer, P.A.
- 1997 – 2003, Partner, Lancaster & Eure, P.A.
- 1995 – 1997, Associate, Wittmer, Carver & Pope
Professional Associations (Past & Present)
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates, Million Dollar Advocates, Sarasota County Bar Association, The Florida Bar, Florida Justice Association, Manasota Trial Lawyers Board, American Bar Association, Better Business Bureau, Sarasota County Chamber of Commerce, Florida Worker’s Advocates, National Organization of Social Security Representative.
Mr. Linehan is currently a Board Member for Suncoast Charities for Children and he was formerly a Board Member for the Evelyn Sadler Jones YMCA. He is a member of The Field Club and St. Michaels Catholic Church. In addition, he is active in various fundraisers and motorcycle clubs which help those in need around S.W. Florida.
- 2017 Largest Personal Injury Verdict – Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, & Desoto Counties: $19,233,037
- 2009 Largest Personal Injury Judgment – Sarasota, Manatee, & Desoto Counties: $9,000,000